Thursday 24 September 2015

Flat Plans 2 - Front Cover



Now finishing the first flat plan I have now identified the weaknesses and problems on which I can improve onto this design.

On this design I have firstly added another student to be on the front cover to fill in the emptiness feel from the first design. I think it now takes up a lot more room and overall looks a lot more appealing therefore I think I will stick with two people in the process. Likewise, with this design I have again placed the masthead in a similar place because I think this is where it belongs - in a heightened position as its one of the most important features. I think this design is a lot more eye catching due to the amount of things going on it it. Its features take up a lot more room and a larger amount of different positions on the cover therefore it could represent that the magazine itself is packed and filled with a lot of information. I have added more secondary images than the first design as I feel that it is extremely important to allow the reader to know the visual content of what they are going to buy and read about so the magazine looks more honest. Moreover, I also changed the splash promoting from a splat to a star shape because in my opinion it looks a lot more glamorous and eye catching because of its star look it feels like its pointing out at you. Lastly, I also made the main cover line larger than the others because I think having different sizes due to importance is very intellectual and it makes it look more innovative to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment