Saturday 23 January 2016

Experimentation for Contents page





I now have designed my contents page from my flat plan idea but i decided to experiment in colours that i think would work the best. From looking at these designs they all have there advantages and disadvantages but the best one is the bottom left as its benefits outweigh the disadvantages. I decided to keep it with these colours as it keeps with the same theme from my previous design of the double-page spread and i think this is quite a good idea to stay with the same theme throughout. I like that the brown looks like its the same material and texture of some acoustic guitars or the piano in the pictures so it does all fit well together and doesn't look out of sync. I made the background a creme, light colour so the titles, pictures and boxes on top can be easily comprehended. The background being creme gives you a quiet, calm and pleasantness feel when viewing it and it is a lot warmer than pure white which is why i choose it over that design on here. This creme colour links with the genre and acoustic music because this is what also you feel when hearing the music too so it fits well. Overall i think its a really good design and i am very satisfied with it.


 The other colour choices on here are good such as the top left one fits with the colour choice of my magazine cover which is the reason why i tried it out but it doesn't fit that well and looks quite childless rather than professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment