Monday 18 January 2016

Completed Double-Page Spread


I am very satisfied with the outcome of my double-page spread design. I believe it has the correct codes and conventions as other typical double-page spreads so the audience would still be familiar when looking at mine. Firstly, in this double-page spread it contains a large headline saying 'Jack Harding' which easily stands out compared to any other text on the two pages. This completely grabs your attention of the reader when observing the magazine due to its size and thickness resulting to it being very bold. I choose the overall colour scheme to be unisex colours so it will appeal to both genders as this article will appeal to both. I decided to make a large image of the artist being talked about so the striking image reassures what the text is about in a visual form. I liked this layout as i saw it when doing my research that the text is surrounded either side by the image so i decided to do it in my design which you can see and i think it turned out great. I decided to choose the image of him showing like he is having a great time playing his guitar  which makes the vibes of the double-page spread  a lot more positive. I made his clothing to be smart and formal because i want to have the impression that he is professional just like the magazine i have made but i wanted him to look like he is quirky too so there is two sides of him. Moreover, i made the background very simple and plain with it being a light shade of a creme colour. I did this so most text is black on top so it makes it very easy to read the text. At the top i made it so there is some space as i didn't want the whole page to look too overwhelming and i also did two columns at the bottom for this reason as well. I like the plectrums as the page numbers on each corner of the page as i think this is a more interesting and artistic way of showing what page it is which i very much like. Lastly, i placed some secondary images along the left side of the page to show him playing many instruments which is meant to imply his range of instrument playing is amazing and i wanted to demonstrate how talented he is. I am really satisfied with this design and i think it looks very slick and professional and follows the correct codes and conventions of an actual double-page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment