Monday 21 December 2015

Masthead Font

I am going to experiment in using different typefaces to see which one fits the genre appropriately and will stand out the most on a magazine cover to engage the audiences attention. 

This typeface has a very professional look towards it and could make my magazine have a more expert feel. I quite like the pointed arms on the typeface and this has a unique look towards it which I quite like. The font is quite thin however so it doesn't stand out as much as other typefaces I have experimented so I don't think I am going to use this in my design.
This font looks quite interesting as it matches with the masthead name. This font has similar characteristics of a string as they look rounded and long which is why I quite like it because it fits with the name is 'Sixth String'. Although I am looking for a more outgoing and eye-catching font that will stand out on a shelf and makes it easy to read and I believe this font just isn't quite there so I wont be using it for my design.
This typeface I chose is a lot different from the rest in this selection of my experimentation. This typeface looks like its ripped up and rough which looks quite interesting but I don't think it's the style and theme I am going for so I don't think I will be using it for my own design.
This typeface is very streaking. It consists of very chunky and thick text which stands out a lot and this is what I am looking for mainly as my masthead.  It is quite a unique typeface as each letter looks quite different. Some parts are pointed, some are curved and it never really follows a pattern which is probably why I like it so much as it stands out from the rest. Even though this typeface is interesting and creative I still don't think it is the one I am going to use.
I quite like this as it involves some characteristics consisting of music, On some points such as the dots on the 'I's' and the descenders there are tuning pegs each side which are also on a acoustic guitar so it fits the theme well. The overall font is quite bold and looks very professional but I still don't think its at the standard I want as it doesn't overwhelm you.

This type face is my favourite one out of all my chosen typefaces and I think I have decided I am going to use this for my masthead of the front cover and other pages, It is a very bold font which stands out very well and also as some character towards it because it is slightly slanted. The font is also quite thick compared to the rest of the other typefaces which I chose which could be the reason why I chose to use it because it stands out from the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment