Thursday 1 October 2015

Photoshop: Phases of chosen design



Firstly, I made the background blurred so the figures would stand out and be more distinctive to the reader. I did this by doubling the layer and then using the polygonal lasso tool and cutting round the edge of the figures on one layer then deleting the background behind, then on the other layer I made it completely blurred.


Moreover,  I placed in three images at the bottom by pressing Ctrl and t to click on the item then hovering my mouse over to the corner and turning the images at angles. I then put the images over and under each other from layering. Lastly I got the bucket tool filled with yellow in a rectangle shape and placed it behind then lowered its opacity.


I then got a star shape from Google and went into layer style and gave it a slight black glow so it stands out that there is something free that the magazine is showing. I chose a bold and black typeface so it clearly shows, then for the word 'free' I made it a different colour to show that contrast in colours so the word is in act a lot easier to see and comprehend.

I inserted a bar code and put it sideways, to the left so it is out the way as it shows its lack of significance.

I also got two images of iPads and overlapped then then put a white outer glow.


Furthermore, I added a black bar layer then got white font and put them in between the yellow dots. This skyline is important as it tells you the sort of topics inside the magazine. 

Then I found a appropriate font that looked formal which I want the magazine to be and added the masthead and made it large, bold and red - red stands out very well. I also gave it a shadow behind it which I think looks good.

I also added numerous cover lines to represent that inside it is packed with various topics and events that will intrigue the audience.

Then lastly after all of that and having a final cover I changed the hue/saturation to a more gentle and warm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment